Back in 2018, we met up with the lovely band, #StudioShapShap in Niger. It was an unforgettable moment singing a song called Le Cheval d'Haro. The band plays so many unusual instruments such as the douma, talking drums, kindé, molo and komsa. The nature sounds and electro samples were something we had not heard before but brought us an abundance of happiness. So glad we experienced this unique collaboration with such gems. Also, this beautiful man singing the lead is the best groove dancer in Niger. Watch the FULL video here: https://youtu.be/JtIaOTig5EE #linkinprofile#niger#africa#collaboration#music ...
Fall Gruyere and Gouda Bacon Apple Macaroni and Cheese! 🍁🧀🥓🍎
I love an ooey, gooey super cheesy mac and cheese. We used three cheeses, because one is just never enough. You will also find this mac and cheese studded with caramelized apples and salty bacon. 🍎🥓 It's a sophisticated mac for a sophisticated lady, just like you #macandcheese#bacon 😘
1 Lb. (16oz) of curly macaroni pasta (reserve 1 cup pasta water)
8 Ounces of bacon
1 Pink lady apple, diced 1/4 Cup of unsalted butter
1/4 Cup of all-purpose flour
3 Garlic cloves, minced 2 Teaspoons of fresh minced rosemary
1/2 Teaspoon of kosher salt
1/2 Teaspoon of black pepper
½ Teaspoon of onion powder
2 ½ Cups of whole milk
1 Cup of fontina cheese, shredded
1 Cup of gouda cheese, shredded 1 ½ Cup of gruyere cheese, shredded (reserve ½ Cup for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a Staub Pumpkin casserole dish with non- stick spray. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Drop pasta in and boil for 7-9 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside. .
2. Cook bacon strips on low heat until fat has rendered and bacon is crispy. Set bacon on paper towel lined plate and crumple when cooled. Sauté diced apple in bacon fat for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Transfer apple to a small bowl and set aside. .
3. In a large sauté pan melt 1/4-cup butter on medium heat. Add flour to melted butter and cook for 2 minutes, whisking occasionally. Add in minced garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, onion powder and whisk to avoid burning. .
4. Add milk to butter/flour mixture and turn heat up to medium high. Whisk mixture occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until boiling and until the mixture has thickened. Remove milk mixture from heat and whisk in cheese until melted. Stir in apples and crumpled bacon to cheese sauce. Stir cheese sauce into macaroni noodles. If mixture feels a bit thick, add in pasta water as needed. Transfer noodles to a casserole dish. .
5. Sprinkle mac and cheese with remaining ½ cup of Gruyere and bake for 10-15 minutes or until top is golden. ...